Call Now: (617) 855-8593

265 Franklin Street, Suite 1702, Boston, MA 02110

Non Immigrant Work Visas

Temporary work visaNon-immigrant work visas are available to individuals who intend to live temporarily in the United States for the purpose of working here. There are many temporary work visas available, the most common of which include:

  • H-1B: Workers in a specialty occupation. These visas are generally available to those with a bachelors degree looking to attain a job that requires such a degree. The company or an employer will file a petition that you then accept. A limited amount of these visas are issued each year and the demand is usually very high. So contact us early to get yours in today. The H-4 visa is the companion visa available for children and spouses of the H-1B temporary worker.
  • I: Representatives of Foreign Media. This visa is for reporters, film crews, editors, and any person in a similar occupation. Any spouse and children under the age of 21 may accompany or follow to join an I non-immigrant.
  • L-1: Intracompany transferees: there are two types of visa either for managerial/executive roles or transferees with specialized knowledge. The L-2(3) visa is the companion visa available for the children and spouses of the L-1 visa holder.
  • O-1: Persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics and motion picture or TV production. The O-3 visa is the companion visa available for the children and spouses of the O-1 visa holder.
  • E-1: Treaty Trader visa. This is for individuals who are nationals of a country that currently have a treaty of commerce and navigation with the U.S. (for a full list of the treaty countries please click here) to come to the U.S. for the sole purpose of engaging in international trade. This visa may also be available to certain employees of such a person or qualifying organization.
  • E-2: Treaty Investors. Like the E-1 visa, this type of visa is only available to nationals of certain qualifying countries. It is for individuals who will invest a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business.
  • R-1: Religious workers. Th R-2 visa is the companion visa available for the children and spouses of the R-1 visa holder.
  • TN Visas: NAFTA Professionals. Certain eligible professionals from both Canada and Mexico may qualify for a visa under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

For more information on these type of visas please click on the links provided or contact Hannaford Immigration Law today to help you asses your options and which type of visa will be most suitable for your needs.

See reviews and testimonialsGreat immigration service

Great working with them! Foster & Hannaford answered my immigration questions promptly and thoroughly, delivering great value for money. I wouldn’t have been able to navigate the immigration system and come to a decision without their help and gui...

June 15, 2012 by Timothy Fargo.
    

Anne Drummond's Immigration I was concerned over my mother Anne Drummond, who at 83 suffering from Dementia and back problems, was returning to England every 6 months. I was not sure of the various visas or status that my mother could obtain. I appr...

July 8, 2012 by Carolyn Kiss.
    

Very grateful When my child was diagnosed with a very serious condition, my mother, who was visiting from Argentina, was about to go back home. Her tourist visa was expiring soon. I could't imagine not having her help and support during this difficu...

November 29, 2012 by Cecilia Garraffo.
    


Click here to submit your Immigration inquiry


    Paul C. Hannaford, Esq.Principal Attorney


    Paul is now a U.S. citizen, however, he was initially born in Hong Kong, Paul with dual citizenship in both the United Kingdom and Ireland. and he has held both a non-immigrant visa and been a green card holder. As Paul has personal experience with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, he and can empathize in all matters relating to U.S. immigration. It was through these experiences that led him to become an Immigration Attorney.

    Upon graduating from law school in the UK, Paul worked in financial services with Merrill Lynch in Ireland before pursuing a legal career. He has worked in both criminal and civil law before devoting his attention and pursuing his passion by focusing solely on Immigration Law.

    Latest Immigration HeadlinesPlease visit and follow us on facebook